Winning Sprint Cup, Brad Keselowski Brings 'Bad Boy' Personality To NASCAR
Since 2005, either Jimmie Johnson or Tony Stewart has won the championship in NASCAR. That streak was broken this year when Brad Keselowski, 28, took home the Sprint Cup.
Born in Rochester Hills, Mich., Keselowski has auto racing in his blood. His father, Bob, and his uncle, Ron, also were NASCAR drivers. Brad’s brother, Brian, is also a driver. He broke into NASCAR in 2004, as a rider in the Craftsman Truck Series. Three years later, Brad made his debut in the Busch Series of races (thought of as the minor leagues of NASCAR and now known as Nationwide). His first win came in 2008 at the Federated Auto Parts 300 in Nashville, Tenn.
In 2008, he made his debut in the Sprint Cup Series of NASCAR races. His first Sprint Cup win came in 2009 at the Aaron’s 499 in Talladega County, Ala. The following year saw Keselowski win the Nationwide Series championship but place only 25th overall in the Sprint Cup. 2011 was a far better season for Keselowski, as he finished fifth. This season was his best, winning five races and finishing in the Top 10, 23 times.
Keselowski is known for being brash and personable, standing in direct contrast with many of his racing peers. He drank beer on a SportsCenter interview shortly after he wrapped up the title and also discussed the type of people he would now be congregating with. “I'm going to meet some cool people," Keselowski said to Sports Illustrated. "I've always wanted to date a celebrity. That would be really cool, don't you think? [But] not a Kardashian.”
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV