Will Katie Couric's New Show Doom 'General Hospital'?
Katie Couric’s deal with ABC to anchor a daytime talk show at 3 p.m. weekdays could potentially spell the end for long-running soap opera General Hospital, the L.A. Times reports. Having already announced earlier this year the end of longtime mainstays All My Children and One Life to Live, both of which are set to be replaced by chat shows this fall, the news places General Hospital on the critical list, with TV Land’s morgue the most likely destination.
With replacement shows The Chew and The Revolution both competing for a similar audience, the chance that General Hospital might earn the spot of whichever of the two may flat line are faint, but not inconceivable. Commenting of a potential switcharound of timeslots an ABC spokesperson suggested that "there are many options that could happen” and that “the best way to ensure a favorite show stays on the air is to watch it,” she said.
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV