Who Is X Factor Host Steve Jones?
Steve Jones is the host of The X-Factor, Simon Cowell's follow-up to American Idol. He is also a 34-year-old former model whose looks and charisma will be the buzz topic of American ladies once The X-Factor premieres in America on September 21. Jones, who is Welsh, is already the stuff of legend, reportedly being the subject of not-so-subtle advances from celebrity females like Angelina Jolie (pre-Brad, of course), Halle Berry and Paris Hilton, according to a 2009 profile in the UK's The Daily Mail. At the time of the profle, Jones was an interviewer on a British television station, and his rise to stardom has brought him to the United States, where he will likely supplant Ryan Seacrest as America's hearthrob reality show host.
Jones earned a reputation as a top-notch interviewer and television personality in Engand, but he got his start as a model in Asia. After several years overseas, Jones returned to England and since has modeled for such high-end brands as Versace and Esquire magazine. In England, his television credits include The Pop Factory Awards, 99 Things to Do Before You Die, 100 Ways To Leave A Gameshow and the entertainment show T4. He hosted T4 for seven years, and it was in that role that Jones unintentionally wooed starlets with his penetrating and honest interviewing style. According to The Daily Mail profile, Jones was turned down by Kylie Minogue who "just didn't want to be tempted." In 2009 Jones was romatically linked to Hayden Panettiere, while rumors abound about trysts with other celebrities.
The X-Factor will be Jones' American television debut, where he will share the spotlight alongside Cowell, Cowell's fellow Idol alum Paula Abdul and Pussycat Dolls singer Nicole Scherzinger. Jones recently told Details he is terrified of being on stage in front of huge audeinces. However, the coy host seems to have held his own just fine onscreen — he reportedly stripped nude as part of his role on 99 Things to Do Before You Die. In addition to his roles as a television personality, Jones has his own clothing line and has acted in several small films. But all eyes will be on The X-Factor this fall as this one-man British invasion hits American shores. The X-Factor will air Wednesdays on Fox.
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV