Who Is Ricky Martin's Boyfriend, Carlos Gonzalez Abella?
Though the two have been together for four years, Ricky Martin has only recently opened up about his boyfriend, Puerto Rican financial analyst / stockbroker Carols Gonzalez Abella, with whom he is raising twin boys Matteo and Valentino.
When Martin and Abella, the nephew of former Puerto Rican governor Pedro Rossello Gonzalez, connected through a mutual friend, Martin was not necessarily looking for love. "It was just one of those things that just happened," Martin told The Advocate. "I was like, 'You're not supposed to be here right now. Would you please allow me to just go on my journey?'"
Now, four years and two kids later, everything has changed. "He leaves the house every day in a suit and tie and that is so sexy," Martin said of Abella. "It's two different worlds — his and mine. But, amid the chaos of raising three-year-old sons, the little differences are a welcome change of pace. I know as much about his world as he knows about my world, which makes it really cool."
Abella, who is described as "press-shy," was with Martin when the latter decided to come out as a gay man in March 2010. Shortly afterward, Abella and Martin decided to become parents via surrogacy.
After experiencing fatherhood, however, Martin rejects the term "surrogate," he told Vanity Fair Espana. "I [did] not rent a womb," he said. "This expression is used by fundamentalist conservatives." On the contrary, Martin has unparalleled respect for the woman who carried his sons. "I would give my life to the woman who helped me bring my children into the world," he said.
Despite being a consummate family man, Martin is currently enjoying getting back into the swing of things playing Che in the new Broadway production of Evita, written by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice, and directed by Michael Grandage.
You also might like:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV