Who Is Kate Middleton's Dress Designer, Sarah Burton?
After months of denying that she and her team at Alexander McQueen were in any involved in the royal wedding, Sarah Burton, the designer behind Kate Middleton’s now infamous wedding gown, has finally released a statement. “It has been the experience of a lifetime to work with Catherine Middleton to create her wedding dress,” Burton said, adding, “Alexander McQueen's designs are all about bringing contrasts together to create startling and beautiful clothes and I hope that by marrying traditional fabrics and lacework, with a modern structure and design we have created a beautiful dress for Catherine on her wedding day.”
Burton and Middleton reportedly worked on the dress together for months, finding a careful balance between the more outlandish style Alexander McQueen is known for, and the modest look that has become Middleton’s trademark, and an apt reflection of the harsh economic times.
“Understandably, Catherine has been very keen to keep the details of her dress a secret, which is every bride's prerogative,” said Burton, “and we gave an undertaking to keep our role confidential until the day of the wedding.”
Most Popular News
- 'Game Of Thrones' Recap: Robb Stark, Talisa, Catelyn Murdered At The Red Wedding
- Victoria Beckham & Son Brooklyn Beckham Attend Glamour Women Of The Year Awards
- ‘Diana’ Biopic Teaser Trailer With Naomi Watts Is Released
- Heidi Klum, Martin Kristen Run & Make Up After Public Spat
- Michael Keaton Suits Up For ‘Birdman’
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Dylan O'Brien Video Interview On 'The Internship,' Google, Vince Vaughn
- Clive Owen Video Interview On 'Shadow Dancer,' Playing An MI-5 Agent
- Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic