Who Is Jodie Foster's Former Partner, Cydney Bernard?
Jodie Foster, 50, officially came out of the closet during her Golden Globes speech on Sunday night while accepting her Cecil B. DeMille Award for lifetime achievement, and she thanked her former partner of 15 years, Cydney Bernard, with whom she still amicably raises her two boys, Charles "Charlie" Bernard Foster, 14, and Christopher "Kit" Bernard Foster, 9, calling Bernard "my heroic co-parent, my ex-partner in love but righteous soul sister in life."
Bernard is a film producer who served as production coordinator on the 1992 movie in which Foster played opposite Richard Gere, Sommersby, where she met Foster. When they were together, they reportedly wore matching Tiffany eternity rings on their wedding fingers, according to Yahoo Movies.
In 2008, Foster and Bernard reportedly called it quits, and Foster became briefly involved in a relationship with writer producer Cindy Mort, with whom she had previously worked while filming The Brave One, reports the UK's Daily Mail.
While many are considering Foster's speech to be her official public coming out, she actually acknowledged Cydney at the Women in Entertainment Breakfast in 2007, thanking "my beautiful Cydney, who sticks with me through all the rotten and the bliss." She has also made several public appearances with both Bernard and Mort over the years.
Barnard and Foster share custody of Charlie and Kit and keep in very close contact.
Watch Jodie Foster's Golden Globes speech here:
For more like this:
Most Popular News
- Spiderman And More Capture Hearts At Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade [SLIDESHOW]
- Sophie Kennedy Clark On 'Philomena'Â™ & Judi Dench [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- BREAKING NEWS: Paul Walker Dies At Age 40 In Tragic Car Accident
- Jasmine Pilchard-Gosnell: Paul Walker'Â™s Girlfriend Collapsed After Learning Of His Death
- Lady Gaga Arrives On Horse To 2013 AMAs, Performs With R Kelly
Most Popular Videos
Scarlett Johansson And Joseph Gordon-Levitt On 'Don Jon,' Sex Scenes
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Wong Kar-wai Video Interview On 'The Grandmaster'
Patricia Cornwell Video Interview On 'Dust,' Kay Scarpetta, Sandy Hook, Her New TV Show
Steve Coogan Video Interview On 'Philomenia,' Judi Dench
Top Comedy Videos
The Most Shocking Celebrity Breakups Of 2013 - Your Tango
- Ryan Gosling & Rachel McAdams, Please Make Babies Already! - Your Tango
- Peter Jackson’s 10 Best Action Sequences - MovieFone