VIDEO: Who Is Jesse Tyler Ferguson's Fiance, Jason Mikita?
Jesse Tyler Ferguson, 36, who just got engaged to boyfriend of two years, Justin Mikita, 27, adds his name to the list of Modern Family cast members who have a lot to celebrate, including Sofia Vergara, 40, who also got engaged to entrepreneur Nick Loeb, 36, last month, and Julie Bowen, 42, and Eric Stonestreet, 41, who just nabbed Emmy Awards for Outstanding Supporting Actress and Actor in a Comedy Series, respectively — as well as the entire Modern Family cast, which walked away with the coveted Best Comedy Emmy, the final award of the night.
Ferguson and Mikita revealed their big news on a video recorded for the new charity, Tie The Knot, which promotes marriage equality and benefits LGBT organizations.
"I popped the big Q!" Ferguson says, sporting a bow tie — the charity's symbol — in the video.
"And I said yes," responds Mikita, a lawyer and occasional dabbler in Hollywood films, serving as a producer for the Rob Reiner documentary, 8, about California's Prop.8, featuring Kevin Bacon, Matt Bomer, George Clooney, Jamie Lee Curtis, Chris Colfer and his own beau, Ferguson, among others.
"We want our interpersonal relationship to be acknowledged in a union formalized via a wedding ceremony. But we're just like millions of Americans who are denied basic civil rights to marry the person that they love," Ferguson said.
Furthermore, Ferguson claims that he got engaged right before costar Vergara, but kept it a secret to avoid deflecting the spotlight from Vergara's birthday and romantic announcement. "I told Sofia the day before she got engaged, Ferguson told Us Weekly. "Very quietly, I said, 'Justin and I got engaged, but we don't want to tell a lot of people and we don't want to upstage you on your big birthday weekend' — and then the next day she gets engaged on a Tulum ruin! So, she has upstaged us."
While the two haven't set a date for their nuptials yet, they are passionate about their relationship — and the Tie the Knot charity, which is partnering with The Tie Bar. "Suit up and tie the knot, so one day we can too," Ferguson said.
See the Tie The Knot video here:
For more like this:
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Jennifer Lopez Films 'Live It Up' Music Video, Gunshots Fired During On Set Interview
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV