Whitney Houston's Cause Of Death Revealed
Whitney Houston, 48, died by drowning in the bathtub of her Beverly Hilton Hotel room, but chronic cocaine use and heart disease were likely contributing factors in her death, coroner's officials said Thursday upon releasing an autopsy report.
"We are saddened to learn of the toxicology results, although we are glad to now have closure," Patricia Houston, the singer's sister-in-law and manager, said in a statement.
Houston's body was found on February 11, the night before the Grammy Awards were held in Los Angeles. Her death was ruled accidental.
Toxicology results also showed Houston had marijuana, Xanax, the muscle relaxant Flexeril and Benadryl in her system. It was not clear whether Houston suffered a heart attack before drowning, Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter said.
Most Popular News
- 'Game Of Thrones' Recap: Robb Stark, Talisa, Catelyn Murdered At The Red Wedding
- Victoria Beckham & Son Brooklyn Beckham Attend Glamour Women Of The Year Awards
- ‘Diana’ Biopic Teaser Trailer With Naomi Watts Is Released
- Heidi Klum, Martin Kristen Run & Make Up After Public Spat
- Michael Keaton Suits Up For ‘Birdman’
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Dylan O'Brien Video Interview On 'The Internship,' Google, Vince Vaughn
- Clive Owen Video Interview On 'Shadow Dancer,' Playing An MI-5 Agent
- Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic