When Is 'Mad Men' Back On? Jon Hamm Dishes
Mad Men fans have been waiting for what feels like forever — since the fall of 2010, when season four ended — for the return of Don Draper and his crew of Madison Avenue advertising agents. Jon Hamm, who plays Draper, recently scooped basic cable network AMC on the announcement of the air date of season five's premiere: March 25, confirmed by the LA Times.
Hamm let the date slip on Doug Benson's podcast "Doug Loves Movies." Competing against fellow guests Anthony Jesknik and Paul F. Tompkins in a trivia tournament, the Bridesmaids star joked around with his mock-competitors. "In 40 years you'll be a ... has-been," Jeselnik teased. "You're right, Anthony. I look forward to the ensuing 40 years of awesomeness, however."
Meanwhile, Mad Men obsessives will be looking forward to the next season, as the '60s era show barrels into the abruptly changing times, with a the conflict in Vietnam escalating and women trading their bras and high heels for higher ideals. The originally planned air date for season five was the summer of 2011, but haggling over contracts led to a delay. "AMC has officially authorized production of season 5 of Mad Men, triggering our option with Lionsgate. While we are getting a later start than in years past due to ongoing, key non-cast negotiations, Mad Men will be back for a fifth season in early 2012," the network said in a statement last spring.
Read more here:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV