VIDEO: Will Ferrell And Gordon Ramsay Injured In Charity Soccer Match
A friendly soccer match got pretty rough for celebrities Will Ferrell, 44, and chef Gordon Ramsay, 45, on Sunday night in Manchester, England. Ferrell and Ramsay were both representing the Rest of the World in their game against England when they suffered injuries and were taken off the field — Ferrell with an escort and Ramsay on a stretcher.
Ramsay was taken off the field while receiving oxygen and ended up spending the night in the hospital, reports Goal.com. "Thx 4 all the messages," Ramsay tweeted the next day. "Out of hospital after receiving amazing care from medics at ground & hospital. Bit sore but fine."
For his part, Ferrell was also taken off the field during the second half of the match, but no stretcher was necessary for his apparent leg injury. He merely limped off the field with an escort.
The event, which was organized by singer Robbie Williams, raised more than $7 million for the children's charity UNICEF, reports USA Today. English soccer pros and Hollywood A-listers Mike Myers, Gerard Butler, Edward Norton and Woody Harrelson participated.
Watch a clip of the match here:
For more on Will Ferrell:
Most Popular News
- Submarine Shark Hoax: 'Shark Of Darkness: Wrath Of Submarine' Is Discovery Channel's Latest Shark Week Mockumentary
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Lourdes Leon Hits The Beach In A Bikini
- 'War Machine' Jon Koppenhaver, Goes On Twitter Rant Following Alleged Beating Of Girlfriend, Christy Mack
- John Denver's Aspen Home Is Back On The Market; Owners Selling For $10.75 Million
Most Popular Videos
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Jacki Weaver On 'Magic In The Moonlight,' Woody Allen