VIDEO: Will Ferrell And Gordon Ramsay Injured In Charity Soccer Match
A friendly soccer match got pretty rough for celebrities Will Ferrell, 44, and chef Gordon Ramsay, 45, on Sunday night in Manchester, England. Ferrell and Ramsay were both representing the Rest of the World in their game against England when they suffered injuries and were taken off the field — Ferrell with an escort and Ramsay on a stretcher.
Ramsay was taken off the field while receiving oxygen and ended up spending the night in the hospital, reports Goal.com. "Thx 4 all the messages," Ramsay tweeted the next day. "Out of hospital after receiving amazing care from medics at ground & hospital. Bit sore but fine."
For his part, Ferrell was also taken off the field during the second half of the match, but no stretcher was necessary for his apparent leg injury. He merely limped off the field with an escort.
The event, which was organized by singer Robbie Williams, raised more than $7 million for the children's charity UNICEF, reports USA Today. English soccer pros and Hollywood A-listers Mike Myers, Gerard Butler, Edward Norton and Woody Harrelson participated.
Watch a clip of the match here:
For more on Will Ferrell:
Most Popular News
- 'Game Of Thrones' Recap: Robb Stark, Talisa, Catelyn Murdered At The Red Wedding
- Victoria Beckham & Son Brooklyn Beckham Attend Glamour Women Of The Year Awards
- ‘Diana’ Biopic Teaser Trailer With Naomi Watts Is Released
- Michael Keaton Suits Up For ‘Birdman’
- Cassadee Pope Performs ‘Wasting All These Tears’ On ‘The Voice’ [VIDEO]
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Dylan O'Brien Video Interview On 'The Internship,' Google, Vince Vaughn
- Clive Owen Video Interview On 'Shadow Dancer,' Playing An MI-5 Agent
- Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic