VIDEO: 'Weird Al' Yankovic Parodies Lady Gaga's 'Born This Way'
"Weird Al" Yankovic, who popularized the music video parody with such gems as "I'm Fat" (from Michael Jackson's "I'm Bad") and "Like a Surgeon" (from Madonna's "Like a Virgin,") has released the full video of his newest masterpiece parody — a rip on Lady Gaga's new single, "Born This Way." Yankovic's heavily modified version, "Perform This Way," calls attention to Gaga's offbeat style and outlandish costumes.
In the video, Yankovic's head is superimposed on the bizarrely clad body of a woman posing as Gaga, wearing everything from a jellybean costume to the now infamous meat dress she donned at last year's MTV Video Music Awards. "I might be wearing Swiss cheese / May be covered in bees / It doesn't mean I'm crazy / I perform this way," Yankovic croons to the tune of the hit single.
Initially the release of the parody was put off, reportedly because Lady Gaga disapproved of the project. Yankovic himself corrected these rumors on his website, saying, "Apparently the fact that she didn't approve it was news to Lady Gaga herself!" Once Gaga actually heard of the project, however, she called it a "rite of passage," and indicated that it should go forward.
Watch the Yankovic parody here:
Most Popular News
- 'Game Of Thrones' Recap: Robb Stark, Talisa, Catelyn Murdered At The Red Wedding
- Victoria Beckham & Son Brooklyn Beckham Attend Glamour Women Of The Year Awards
- ‘Diana’ Biopic Teaser Trailer With Naomi Watts Is Released
- Heidi Klum, Martin Kristen Run & Make Up After Public Spat
- ‘Man Of Steel’ Makes World Premiere In New York City
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Dylan O'Brien Video Interview On 'The Internship,' Google, Vince Vaughn
- Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
- Andy Samberg, Akiva Schaffer, Jorma Taccone On The Lonely Island, 'The Wack Album'