VIDEO: Susan Boyle Performs On America's Got Talent
Susan Boyle, 47, gave fans a treat on America's Got Talent, the States' version of Britain's Got Talent, which gave Boyle a platform to debut her powerful voice in 2009 when she sang "I Dreamed a Dream," from Les Miserables and promptly became a household name. On Wednesday's show, Boyle sang "You Have to Be There," the first single off her new album, "Someone to Watch Over Me."
The song, written by Abba's Benny Andersson and Bjorn Ulvaeus for their Swedish musical, Kristina, had never been performed on televison, and met with resounding praise from the audience.
"I'm so pleased the audience enjoyed the song," Boyle said after the rendition. "I really loved performing that big number. I was also a little nervous introducing something new. America's Got Talent — it's where I started with my first album, so it was wonderful to be back and for the support," she added.
Boyle's first album, The Gift, became the fastest selling debut by a female artist from the U.K. to date. Her new album will be released on November 1.
Watch the video here:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV