VIDEO: Regis Philbin's Last Day
Over 28 years after it started, Regis Philbin bid farewell to his morning talk show, Live! With Regis and Kelly, on Friday. The final episode was full of teary-eyed moments, funny stories and appearances by special guests.
Co-host Kelly Ripa walked out with Philbin, holding his hand, to a live studio audience applauding in a standing ovation. "It's all about you today," Ripa said to Philbin, who was later presented the keys to the city by Mayor Michael Bloomberg and a plaque to adorn the side of the building by ABC President Bob Iger.
Former co-host Kathie Lee Gifford, Donald Trump and Tony Danza were all on hand to say goodbye to Philbin, as were Diane Sawyer and Katie Couric. Philbin's wife Joy and his daughters were in the front row along with Ripa's husband Mark Consuelos and their children.
At the end of the episode, Philbin gave his final goodbye. He said moving from Los Angeles to New York was his last chance to revive his career. "I'll never be able to answer all the cards and letters and messages that have poured in, but I'll always remember these mornings here with you," he said.
Watch Philbin's last words here:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV