VIDEO: Miss Venezuela Crowned Miss World
Ivian Sarcos, 22, of Venezuela was awarded the title of Miss World 2011 in London on Monday. As she fought back tears, Sarcos was crowned by last year's winner, Alexandria Mills of the United States, at Earl's Court, where the first Miss World was held in 1951, the Huffington Post reports.
Trained in human resources and employed at a broadcasting company, Sarcos said she had a rough upbringing. One of thirteen children, she spent five years in an orphanage run by nuns after losing her parents at age eight. "My dream was to become a nun," she said at the pageant. Now, as Miss World, she plans to give back and work with children.
Broadcast live to more than 150 countries and was watched by a billion viewers, Miss World celebrated its 60th anniversary this year. Miss Philippines, Gwendoline Ruais, was named the runner-up, while Miss Puerto Rico, Amanda Perez, placed third.
Watch the video here:
Most Popular News
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Aimee Richardson Is A 'Princess For Hire' After 'Game Of Thrones' Recasting
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant Patrick Jagodzinski On Andi Dorfman's Pick Of Josh Murray & Who Should Be The Next Bachelor [EXCLUSIVE]
- Bill Skarsgard & Landon Liboiron On Their 'Hemlock Grove' Characters' 'Sexual Tension,' Gay Undertones [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- German Soccer Squad Returns Home To Heroes Welcome After World Cup Victory
Most Popular Videos
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Eli Roth & Famke Janssen On 'Hemlock Grove'