VIDEO: Miss Universe 2011 Winner Is Leila Lopes
In this day and age, it's important to remember the iconic television shows that foreshadowed the current era of reality TV we've all come to know and feel ambivalent about. Miss Universe, the competitive "reality" show in which 89 beautiful female contestants from different countries battle it out to be named the most beautiful and accomplished, was held Monday night in San Paulo, Brazil.
Miss Universe 2011 was revealed to be Angola's Leila Lopes, a 25-year-old business student and first ever Miss Universe winner for her country. The brainy beauty had a lot of well thought-out answers for the judges when they got down to the personal questions. "Thank God I'm very satisfied with the way God created me and I wouldn't change a thing," she said, adding that "I consider myself a woman endowed with inner beauty. I have acquired many wonderful principles from my family and I intend to follow these for the rest of my life."
Lopes beat out runner-up Miss Ukraine, Olesia Stefanko, 23. The Miss USA contestant, Alyssa Campanella, a ravishing redheaded 21-year-old, didn't even make it into the top 10. Miss Universe, the world's most popular beauty pageant, was expecting a worldwide audience of up to one billion people. It was founded in California in 1952 and was acquired Donald Trump in 1996.
Watch a clip here:
Most Popular News
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Aimee Richardson Is A 'Princess For Hire' After 'Game Of Thrones' Recasting
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant Patrick Jagodzinski On Andi Dorfman's Pick Of Josh Murray & Who Should Be The Next Bachelor [EXCLUSIVE]
- Bill Skarsgard & Landon Liboiron On Their 'Hemlock Grove' Characters' 'Sexual Tension,' Gay Undertones [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- German Soccer Squad Returns Home To Heroes Welcome After World Cup Victory
Most Popular Videos
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Eli Roth & Famke Janssen On 'Hemlock Grove'