VIDEO: Lady Gaga's 14-Minute 'Marry The Night'
Is it a music video — or a short film? Lady Gaga's latest, "Marry the Night," which she directed herself, clocks in at an epic 14 minutes, about ten minutes longer than the length of the song. So what does the Mother Monster fill all that time with? Trauma, drama, plenty of pop references and a rather cryptic back story based, Gaga said, on "the worst day of her life."
The video opens with a bruised and battered Gaga being rolled through a vintage-looking hospital, as a voice-over expounds upon topics of suffering, failure and fashion projections ("I predict mint will be big this season"). While the same nurse who delivered her dishes out medical advice after some unnamed procedure ("no intimacy for two weeks"), Gaga proclaims, "I'm gonna be a star. You know why? Because I have nothing left to lose."
Gaga recently explained that the video is about the day she was dropped from her first label, Island Def Jam. "It is my personal way of seeing things," she told E! News. "If you give up after something like that, you were never destined to be an entertainer."
Watch the video here:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV