VIDEO: Lady Gaga Wows With McQueen Tribute
Lady Gaga resembled an angelic peacock of sorts when taking the stage at the annual Brit Awards in London Tuesday, where she dedicated a rendition of “Telephone” and “Dance in the Dark” to late avant-garde fashion designer Alexander McQueen. The performance saw GaGa bent over a white grand piano sans back-up dancers as a model stood catatonic atop an isolated platform, sporting McQueen’s renowned extragalactic lobster heels.
After accepting the Best International Album award for The Fame, Gaga emotively thanked McQueen, referring to him by his legal first name Lee, his preferred name among family, friends and a closely-knit in-crowd of models and designers. The singer also took home statuettes for Best International Female and International Breakthrough Act. Lily Allen, a fellow antic-driven nylon hair aficionado, took home a trophy for British Female Solo Artist while donning a fiery orange wig and cursed at host Peter Kay for sounding a horn indicating her time was up.
Jay-Z proved to be another darling of the Brit Awards electorate by taking home the Best International Male trophy, trumping fellow major leaguers Bruce Springsteen and Eminem. X Factor runner-ups JLS took home British Breakthrough Act and British Single.
Two unique awards were reserved in celebration of the 30 years of the Brits. The best Brits performance of the past 30 years was given to the Spice Girls for their rendition of “Wannabe/Who Do You Think You Are?” in 1997 and best Brits album of the past three decades went to recently split rockers Oasis for (What’s the Story) Morning Glory?
Oasis crooner Liam Gallagher’s crass acceptance speech was the most contentious event of an otherwise tranquil ceremony, which in the past has been plagued by controversy and raucousness.
Watch Lady Gaga's performance it here:
Most Popular News
- 'Game Of Thrones' Recap: Robb Stark, Talisa, Catelyn Murdered At The Red Wedding
- Victoria Beckham & Son Brooklyn Beckham Attend Glamour Women Of The Year Awards
- ‘Diana’ Biopic Teaser Trailer With Naomi Watts Is Released
- Heidi Klum, Martin Kristen Run & Make Up After Public Spat
- Cassadee Pope Performs ‘Wasting All These Tears’ On ‘The Voice’ [VIDEO]
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Dylan O'Brien Video Interview On 'The Internship,' Google, Vince Vaughn
- Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
- Clive Owen Video Interview On 'Shadow Dancer,' Playing An MI-5 Agent