VIDEO: Juan Pablo Montoya Crashes Into Jet Dryer At Daytona 500
If you ever doubted the dangers of race car driving, here's some proof to set you straight. NASCAR driver Juan Pablo Montoya, 35, crashed his car into a jet dryer safety truck at Monday's Daytona 500 race in what is being called a freak accident.
The truck contained hundreds of gallons of jet fuel, and the crash released an enormous fireball onto the track. Though his Target-sponsored car was annihilated, Montoya himself was practically uninjured, complaining afterwards of only a hurt foot where it slipped off the clutch during the accident, according to Autoweek.
About 40 laps before the Daytona finish, Montoya "felt a vibration" in his car. "They looked at everything and everything was okay and I still told them, 'I think there is something broke. I was coming back into the pits and the car just spun by itself," he said of the crash.
Though both Montoya and the driver of the jet dryer truck were okay, the explosion was massive. "Yeah, it burned the helmet and everything," Montoya said. "Before I got there I was thinking, 'This thing is going to be on fire pretty bad,' and it was."
Watch the incident here:
You might also like:
Most Popular News
- Submarine Shark Hoax: 'Shark Of Darkness: Wrath Of Submarine' Is Discovery Channel's Latest Shark Week Mockumentary
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Lourdes Leon Hits The Beach In A Bikini
- 'War Machine' Jon Koppenhaver, Goes On Twitter Rant Following Alleged Beating Of Girlfriend, Christy Mack
- John Denver's Aspen Home Is Back On The Market; Owners Selling For $10.75 Million
Most Popular Videos
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Jacki Weaver On 'Magic In The Moonlight,' Woody Allen