VIDEO: Juan Pablo Montoya Crashes Into Jet Dryer At Daytona 500
If you ever doubted the dangers of race car driving, here's some proof to set you straight. NASCAR driver Juan Pablo Montoya, 35, crashed his car into a jet dryer safety truck at Monday's Daytona 500 race in what is being called a freak accident.
The truck contained hundreds of gallons of jet fuel, and the crash released an enormous fireball onto the track. Though his Target-sponsored car was annihilated, Montoya himself was practically uninjured, complaining afterwards of only a hurt foot where it slipped off the clutch during the accident, according to Autoweek.
About 40 laps before the Daytona finish, Montoya "felt a vibration" in his car. "They looked at everything and everything was okay and I still told them, 'I think there is something broke. I was coming back into the pits and the car just spun by itself," he said of the crash.
Though both Montoya and the driver of the jet dryer truck were okay, the explosion was massive. "Yeah, it burned the helmet and everything," Montoya said. "Before I got there I was thinking, 'This thing is going to be on fire pretty bad,' and it was."
Watch the incident here:
You might also like:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV