VIDEO: Jon Stewart Grills Donald Rumsfeld On 'The Daily Show'
Jon Stewart interviewed Donald Rumsfeld on The Daily Show Wednesday night, where the former Secretary of Defense talked about the war in Iraq and his new book, Known and Unknown. After warmly shaking Rumsfeld's hand, Stewart cut to the chase, "I think I know why you're here, and let me just deflate the tension right off the bat. Apology accepted."
Then the comedian got down to business, asking Rumsfeld to defend the seeming arrogance and certainty behind the Bush administration's decision to go to war. Rumsfeld denied that the decision was an easy one to arrive at. "It isn't [how I remember it], Rumsfeld said. "There was a searching, lots of questions."
A few times Stewart seemed taken aback when Rumsfeld unexpectedly agreed with him, including when he stated that the Bush administration found very little to link Saddam Hussein and Al Qaeda, which at the time was used as a reason for declaring war on Iraq. "I feel like we're just sitting on a porch now, sipping lemonade," Stewart said, which Rumsfeld somehow construed as an attack on his accent. —KIMBERLY STEELE
Watch the interview here:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV