VIDEO: Joaquin Phoenix Apologizes To David Letterman
This time, he shaved first. Joaquin Phoenix appeared on the Late Show with David Letterman for the first time since the infamous 2009 show, which has since been revealed to have been 'acting' for his mockumentary film, I'm Still Here.
Beard gone and flab flayed, Phoenix, 35, looked like a totally different man. Unlike the last time, Phoenix was articulate, present and charming. "People don't let guys like you out if you're really like that," Letterman, 63, told him of his put-on slide into hirsute debauchery. The actor cleared up some misconceptions about the film, emphasizing that Letterman had not been in on the hoax from the beginning.
He went on to apologize to the host. "You've interviewed many, many people and I assumed that you would know the difference between a character and a real person, so — but I apologize. I hope I didn't offend you in any way." Letterman was unfazed. "It was like batting practice," he said. –AMY LEE
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV