VIDEO: Is John Mayer's New Song 'Shadow Days' About Ex Jennifer Aniston?
John Mayer, 34, may have cancelled the upcoming tour he had planned due to throat problems, but his new album, Born and Raised, speaks for itself — at least in the single "Shadow Days," which is rumored to be about his ex-girlfriend Jennifer Aniston, 43 from whom he split up three years ago.
"'Shadow Days' is about Jen. It really took him a long time to get over her," a source told Us Weekly about Mayer. "He really loved her a lot."
The lyrics of 'Shadow Days' reveal that the song could certainly be about a breakup. "Hard times help me see / I'm a good man with a good heart / Had a tough time, got a rough start / And I finally learned to let it go."
"He wrote the song as a farewell letter knowing [Jennifer Aniston] would hear it," said the source. "Ultimately he's done a lot of self-reflection, though, and he realizes they weren't right for each other."
After being linked to Aniston and a string of other famous beauties like Jessica Simpson, Minka Kelly, Taylor Swift, and Jennifer Love Hewitt, according to MTV, Mayer is ready to settle down with a "nice, non-famous girl he can relate to." Aniston, in the meantime, has appeared to find happiness with actor / director Justin Theroux, 40.
Born and Raised drops on May 22.
Watch the music video here and decide for yourself if it's a "farewell letter" from Mayer to Aniston:
You might also like:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV