VIDEO: 'Girls' Premiere: Brutally Honest Look At 20-Something Brooklynites
After constant hype and a massive advertising push by HBO, the offbeat Girls, co-produced by Judd Apatow and relative newcomer, Tiny Furniture's Lena Dunham, premiered on Sunday night. The brutally honest Girls, about 20-somethings navigating through romance and career woes in Brooklyn (as opposed to the glitzy Manhattan, which the ladies of Sex and the City, with which Girls has been compared, called home) stars Allison Williams (daughter of NBC's Brian Williams), Zosia Mamet (daughter of David Mamet), and Jemima Kirke.
As Girls opens, Dunham's character, Hannah Horvath, a writer who aspires to be the voice of a generation ... or, at least "a voice of a generation," is cut off financially by her parents, played by guest stars Becky Ann Baker (Smash) and Peter Scolari (Newhart).
"She wants to be a writer," Dunham told MTV News about her character Hannah, "but she doesn't realize in order to that she actually has to write." That's not all that Hannah wants. Amid the pressure of having to find an apartment and move in with her friend Marnie (Williams), she is also struggling with her non-relationship with aspiring actor Adam (Adam Driver), who treats her heart "like monkey meat." One example of the extent of his disregard for Hannah and their "relationship" — he makes her play "the quiet game" during sex.
You can catch Girls on HBO Sundays at 10:30 p.m.
Watch a clip here:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV