VIDEO: Fired Keith Olbermann Admits On Letterman, 'I Screwed Up'
Keith Olbermann showed a rare streak of humility (sort of) when he stopped by Tuesday's Late Show with David Letterman, two days after being fired by Al Gore's Current TV. "I screwed up," Olbermann said. "I screwed up really big on this. Let's just start there."
But Olbermann was still his usual hot-headed self when describing what went wrong with the cable network, though he did laugh it off with Letterman. "I thought we could do this," Olbermann explained. "It's my fault that it didn't succeed in the sense that I didn't think the whole thing through. I didn't say, 'You know, if you buy a $10 million chandelier, you should have a house to put it in. Just walking around with a $10 million chandelier isn't going to do anybody a lot of good, and it's not going to do any good to the chandelier.' And then it turned out we didn't have a lot to put the house on to put the chandelier in, or a building permit, and I, I should have known that. And it is, it is my fault at heart."
"You're the chandelier?" Letterman asked, sensing the irony.
"I'm the chandelier," Olbermann replied. "You are always pointing out how big my head is, so I think it's a suitable analogy."
Watch the video here:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV