VIDEO: Eva Longoria Speaks Out About Divorce From Tony Parker
Desperate Housewives star Eva Longoria spoke publicly for the first time about her recent divorce from San Antonio Spurs point guard Tony Parker on Thursday. The actress shared details about the dissolution of her marriage with Piers Morgan on his CNN talk show.
“It was heartbreaking. It’s the first time I’m talking about it, so I’m sorry,” said Longoria, 36, as she held back tears. “It was heartbreaking. It was disappointing because I had such an identity in being Mrs. Parker and being a wife. And, so, when that’s taken away from you, you go, ‘Who am I?’ It was hard.” The couple's divorce was finalized in January after three years of marriage. Despite rumors of infidelity and lengthy legal battle, Longoria refused to publicly criticize her ex-husband, or reveal the details of their break-up. “I would never speak ill about him or the time we had together. I really, really valued it. Seven years together’s a long time," she explained. "You know, we tried our hardest. We really, really tried and it just didn’t work. We wanted different things.”
Trust was among the most important elements needed for a functional marriage for the actress, who was previously married to General Hospital actor Tyler Christopher from 2002-2004. Despite her recent break-up, Longoria still believes in love. “I love the concept of marriage and I love being a wife,” she explained. -EMILY EXTON
Watch Eva Longoria's interview below:
Most Popular News
- 'Game Of Thrones' Recap: Robb Stark, Talisa, Catelyn Murdered At The Red Wedding
- Victoria Beckham & Son Brooklyn Beckham Attend Glamour Women Of The Year Awards
- ‘Diana’ Biopic Teaser Trailer With Naomi Watts Is Released
- Heidi Klum, Martin Kristen Run & Make Up After Public Spat
- Cassadee Pope Performs ‘Wasting All These Tears’ On ‘The Voice’ [VIDEO]
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Dylan O'Brien Video Interview On 'The Internship,' Google, Vince Vaughn
- Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
- Clive Owen Video Interview On 'Shadow Dancer,' Playing An MI-5 Agent