VIDEO: Dolly Parton Talks Queen Latifah Feud With Jon Stewart
Country music legend Dolly Parton stopped by The Daily Show with Jon Stewart on Thursday to give the backstage scoop on her new movie, Joyful Noise, about a feud between two women in small town Georgia vying to take the reins of the local church choir. "I popped her a few times," Parton said of filming a scene with co-star Queen Latifah in which the two women lash out at each other's conflicting personalities. "She deserved it," she added.
Stewart welcomed Parton's return to the show with open arms. "I don't say this to everyone," he prefaced, "but I missed you."
After dishing about the gospel-themed film, Parton opened up about her "holly-rolling, Pentecostal" upbringing that featured family-wide singing and guitar-playing. "Same here," the New York- and Jewish-bred Stewart joked.
Watch the entire episode of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart here.
Watch the trailer for Joyful Noise, opening today:
Read more here:
Most Popular News
- Jeremiah Heaton Claimed Small Piece Of African Desert To Make His Daughter A Princess
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Bill Skarsgard & Landon Liboiron On Their 'Hemlock Grove' Characters' 'Sexual Tension,' Gay Undertones [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- German Soccer Squad Returns Home To Heroes Welcome After World Cup Victory
- 'Grey'Â™s Anatomy': Season 11 Spoilers From Shonda Rhimes
Most Popular Videos
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Lucy Hale On 'Pretty Little Liars,' Her New Album, Her Plan To Send Girls To Camp
Eli Roth & Famke Janssen On 'Hemlock Grove'