VIDEO: Dolly Parton Talks Queen Latifah Feud With Jon Stewart
Country music legend Dolly Parton stopped by The Daily Show with Jon Stewart on Thursday to give the backstage scoop on her new movie, Joyful Noise, about a feud between two women in small town Georgia vying to take the reins of the local church choir. "I popped her a few times," Parton said of filming a scene with co-star Queen Latifah in which the two women lash out at each other's conflicting personalities. "She deserved it," she added.
Stewart welcomed Parton's return to the show with open arms. "I don't say this to everyone," he prefaced, "but I missed you."
After dishing about the gospel-themed film, Parton opened up about her "holly-rolling, Pentecostal" upbringing that featured family-wide singing and guitar-playing. "Same here," the New York- and Jewish-bred Stewart joked.
Watch the entire episode of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart here.
Watch the trailer for Joyful Noise, opening today:
Read more here:
Most Popular News
- Why Sia Doesn't Show Her Face
- 2014 Emmy Nominations: 'Game Of Thrones' Leads The Nominations; Netflix Series Recognized
- Shooting Range Instructor Accidentally Killed By 9-Year-Old With Uzi [VIDEO]
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Harrison Ford Resumes Filming 'Star Wars: Episode VII' After Leg Injury
Most Popular Videos
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Jacki Weaver On 'Magic In The Moonlight,' Woody Allen