VIDEO: Christina Aguilera Flubs National Anthem At Super Bowl
O say can you ... what?
Christina Aguilera botched the lyrics of The Star-Spangled Banner during her performance at the Super Bowl on Sunday night. Instead of singing "O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming," Aguilera sang, "What so proudly we watched at the twilight's last gleaming."
In a statement after the performance, the chanteuse explained her mistake. "I got so lost in the moment of the song that I lost my place. I can only hope that everyone could feel my love for this country and that the true spirit of its anthem still came through," she said.
The Green Bay Packers' 31-25 victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers will likely be the most-watched television show in history. Though final numbers have yet to be released, overnight Nielsen ratings show a 3 percent increase from last year's Super Bowl, the previous most-watched television show, which had 106.5 million viewers. —ISHITA SINGH
Watch video of Aguilera's performance here:
Most Popular News
- 'Game Of Thrones' Recap: Robb Stark, Talisa, Catelyn Murdered At The Red Wedding
- Victoria Beckham & Son Brooklyn Beckham Attend Glamour Women Of The Year Awards
- ‘Diana’ Biopic Teaser Trailer With Naomi Watts Is Released
- Heidi Klum, Martin Kristen Run & Make Up After Public Spat
- Michael Keaton Suits Up For ‘Birdman’
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Dylan O'Brien Video Interview On 'The Internship,' Google, Vince Vaughn
- Clive Owen Video Interview On 'Shadow Dancer,' Playing An MI-5 Agent
- Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic