VIDEO: Channing Tatum Strips To The Village People
So ... in case you hadn't heard, rising star Channing Tatum started out as a stripper, and the world isn't going to rest until everyone knows it — even Village People fans.
That's right, Tatum, who next stars in the Steven Soderbergh film, Magic Mike, loosely inspired by Tatum's stint on the stage wearing as little as possible before his rise to fame, is shown in the following video from his formative stripper years, posted by Entertainment Weekly, dancing with fellow shirtless dudes in a grass skirts to the Village People's YMCA.
It's possible that most of Tatum's training actually came after the stage career, as his moves and his overall decorum don't look quite as sophisticated as the clips from his new movie, Magic Mike, also starring Matthew McConaughey, Alex Pettyfer, Joe Manganiello, Matt Bomer and Adam Rodriguez.
Catch Magic Mike in theaters beginning June 29.
Watch the Channing clip here:
For more on Channing Tatum and Magic Mike:
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Jennifer Lopez Films 'Live It Up' Music Video, Gunshots Fired During On Set Interview
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV