VIDEO: 'American Idol' Eliminates Naima Adedapo and Thia Megia
Another two bite the dust. Continuing with the trend of eliminating female performers—all four booted contestants thus far have been women—American Idol said goodbye to Naima Adedapo and Thia Megia on Thursday night. Adedapo put what many considered to be a controversial reggae spin on her Elton John pick of "I'm Still Standing" on Wednesday, and although Jennifer Lopez (pictured) felt Megia had a "beautiful moment" with her rendition of "Daniel," her lack of personality failed to connect with viewers. After a record number 55 million cast their votes, Adedapo and Megia found themselves on the bottom three along with newcomer Paul McDonald. After the double elimination, six male contestants and three female contestants remain.
During the results show, the Idol hopefuls killed time with various group performances and were given a lesson in artistry from Season 3 Idol winner Fantasia Barrino, who stopped by to perform new single “Collard Greens and Corn Bread” from her latest album Back to Me. Jamie Foxx and will.i.am also treated the audience to "Hot Wings," their single from the upcoming animated film Rio. —EMILY EXTON
Most Popular News
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Jeremiah Heaton Claimed Small Piece Of African Desert To Make His Daughter A Princess
- Bill Skarsgard & Landon Liboiron On Their 'Hemlock Grove' Characters' 'Sexual Tension,' Gay Undertones [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- German Soccer Squad Returns Home To Heroes Welcome After World Cup Victory
- 'Grey'Â™s Anatomy': Season 11 Spoilers From Shonda Rhimes
Most Popular Videos
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Eli Roth & Famke Janssen On 'Hemlock Grove'
Gregg Sulkin On 'Affluenza,' 'Pretty Little Liars'