EXCLUSIVE: Veteran U.S. Olympic Triathlete Hunter Kemper On Being 'Persistent'
Olympian Hunter Kemper, 36, has an intense training regimen for his triathlons with a 30-hour training week that begins at 7:30 a.m. every morning and a diet that includes lots of pre-game protiens and carbs, but Kemper also recognizes that it's not all about physical expertise when you're doing a triathlon.
"I work with a sports psychologist back in Colorado Springs," Kemper told Uinterview in our exclusive interview. "And, for me, I just try to focus, while I'm in the event — I try to focus on the process and try to focus on what it is that I'm doing, like my stroke in swimming — like, certain details of my stroke. And cycling, the actual RPMs and the turnover of the cycling, the rhythm of the cycling, the pedaling stroke, the pedaling motion. And then the running, the cadence for me is important during the race, and that quick beat and that quick turnover."
Kemper, who is attending his fourth Olympic games and feels like he's getting better all the time, has one goal. "I'm just trying to win a medal, ya know!" he told Uinterview, laughing. "It's not so easy — there are only three medals given out in our sport, in all sports, and we only do one of that, so it's a one-shot deal. I want to keep on trying to go back. And my goal, my dream, always as a little boy, was to win a medal in the Olympic games, so I feel like I'm trying to be persistent."
Check out our exclusive with Olympic Triathlete Hunter Kemper here:
For more on the 2012 London Olympics:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV