Venice Beach Boardwalk Hit & Run Leaves 1 Dead, 12 Injured [VIDEO]
Nathan Louis Campell allegedly drove a vehicle onto the Venice Beach boardwalk on Saturday evening, killing one pedestrian and injuring 12 others.
At around 5 p.m. on Saturday night a black car travelling around 60 mph turned onto the boardwalk, which was heavily congested with foot traffic. "There were people flying, laying on the ground, tents flying everywhere. If he wanted to kill people, he came on a perfect time, 5 p.m. on a Saturday in the summer in Venice Beach," a witness told CNN. Other witnesses were more positive of Cambells’s intent.
"That guy's intention was to kill people," Landon Blackburn told ABC Los Angeles station KABC-TV.
The woman slain in the tragic hit and run has been identified as 32-year-old Alice Gruppioni. One of the other victims is currently in critical condition, two are in serious condition and eight others are receiving treatment for minor injuries.
– Chelsea Regan
Most Popular News
- Why Sia Doesn't Show Her Face
- 2014 Emmy Nominations: 'Game Of Thrones' Leads The Nominations; Netflix Series Recognized
- Shooting Range Instructor Accidentally Killed By 9-Year-Old With Uzi [VIDEO]
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Harrison Ford Resumes Filming 'Star Wars: Episode VII' After Leg Injury
Most Popular Videos
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Jacki Weaver On 'Magic In The Moonlight,' Woody Allen