Vatican May Boycott Hanks Film
The Vatican may be about to call for an official boycott of Angels & Demons, Ron Howard's sequel to The Da Vinci Code, starring Tom Hanks. The Vatican's official newspaper, Avvenire, published a story on Friday declaring that Church "cannot approve" of the film. Producers sought permission from Church elders to film parts of Angels & Demons, which opens on May 15, in the Vatican, but were flatly turned down. The Church boycott of Da Vinci Code in 2006 was hardly effective–the movie grossed an estimated $760 million worldwide. (Photo: WENN)
Most Popular News
- 'Game Of Thrones' Recap: Robb Stark, Talisa, Catelyn Murdered At The Red Wedding
- Victoria Beckham & Son Brooklyn Beckham Attend Glamour Women Of The Year Awards
- ‘Diana’ Biopic Teaser Trailer With Naomi Watts Is Released
- Heidi Klum, Martin Kristen Run & Make Up After Public Spat
- ‘Man Of Steel’ Makes World Premiere In New York City
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Dylan O'Brien Video Interview On 'The Internship,' Google, Vince Vaughn
- Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
- Andy Samberg, Akiva Schaffer, Jorma Taccone On The Lonely Island, 'The Wack Album'