Usher’s Son Hospitalized After Pool Accident, In Intensive Care
Usher Raymond V (above, right), Usher’s five-year-old son, was hospitalized in the intensive care unit of an Atlanta hospital on Monday following an accident at the R&B star’s home.
The young boy was playing in the singer’s pool, supervised by his aunt, when he swam down to the bottom of the pool to retrieve a toy in the drain, reported TMZ. The aunt became alarmed when Usher Raymond V didn’t resurface and realized his arm had gotten stuck in the drain. Unable to free him, she called on the maid to help, who also couldn’t get the boy's arm out. After shouting for help, two men working inside Usher’s house dove into the pool and were able to rescue him.
Usher celebrating Usher Raymond V losing his first tooth back in March (Instagram)
After the boy was removed from the pool, they administered CPR and called for an ambulance. Usher apparently arrived home in time to travel to the hospital with his son and is currently still there with his ex-wife and co-parent Tameka Raymond. Usher Raymond V has undergone a number of tests by doctors, and should be okay, according to TMZ.
Tameka and Usher are also parents to Naviyd Ely Raymond, 4 (top, left). Tameka’s 11-year-old son Kile, Usher's former stepson, died in 2012 following a tragic jet ski accident.
– Chelsea Regan
Most Popular News
- Sidney Poitier Receives Standing Ovation While Presenting Best Director At The Oscars
- Marc Anthony Collects 4 Awards At Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina Gala
- 'Fantastic Four' Casting: Michael B. Jordan And Kate Mara Confirmed For Reboot, Miles Teller And Jamie Bell Rumored
- 'Talking Angela' Children's App Victim Of Online Hoax Claiming The App Is Dangerous
- Who Is NFL Running Back Reggie Bush's Wife-To-Be Lilit Avagyan?
Most Popular Videos
Top Comedy Videos
Harry Connick, Jr: 'I Married The Girl Of My Dreams' - Your Tango