U.S. Olympic Pentathlete Dennis Bowsher On Diet And Training
U.S. Olympic athlete and pentathlon competitor Dennis Bowsher, 29, grew up swimming, but soon realized that, when it came to athletics, he was too well-rounded to limit himself to one sport.
"I kind of reached the point in my swimming career where I wasn’t hitting times that I needed to do to help fulfill that Olympic dream. But I was pretty talented in other stuff just as an all-around athlete," Bowsher told Uinterview in our exclusive video interview with him. "That’s what you need for the sport of modern pentathlon is to be able to do decent at a lot of events."
It's also important to have the right diet for all of those events, so, unlike a lot of athletes who watch every morsel of food that goes into their mouths during training, Bowsher just wories about whether or not he's getting enough. "The cool thing with our sport is, since we’re burning 4,000 to 5,000 calories a day, there’s no real limit on what we can eat. So if I go out and have pizza for dinner, there’s no guilt whatsoever. If I have ice cream once in a while it’s no problem. But I always make sure I get all the vitamins and minerals that I need to help my body perform and make sure it’s working 100% all the time," he told us.
Check out the rest of our exclusive video interview with Dennis Bowsher here:
For more Uinterview exclusives on the London 2012 Olympics:
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV