U.S. Olympic Diver David Boudia Wins Gold, Talks Superfood Diet
Team USA's David Boudia, 23, added to his bronze medal in the synchronized platform event with partner Nick McCrory, by winning the gold medal for the 10m platform dive on Saturday, beating the reigning world champion, Qiu Bo of China, who walked away with the silver, and Britain's Tom Daley, who nabbed the bronze and seemed perfectly content with that.
In winning the gold, Boudia became the first American male diver to win the event since Greg Louganis in 1988's Seoul games. Louganis, who recently began training American divers, was present at the 2012 London games to see Boudia's win.
When it comes to being successful in diving, Boudia knows credits the superfoods. "Definitely diving is one of the sports that you have to be really cautious about what you’re putting into your body, and so I eat a lot of whole fruits and vegetable and I just started juicing," Boudia exclusively told Uinterview about his diet secrets. "You should see my fridge right now," he added. "It’s stocked with all sorts of fruits and all sorts of vegetables."
The most important superfood that gives Boudia the right moves on the springboard is the blueberry. "There is a lot of nutritional value in that, and I get a lot of nutrients from that. It really feeds into what my training does," he said.
For more on David Boudia and the 2012 London Olympics:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV