EXCLUSIVE: U.S. Olympic Decathlon Athlete Trey Hardee's Weight Room Routine
Trey Hardee, 28, is holding fast to his second place behind teammate Ashton Eaton in the 2012 London Olympics in the decathlon event.
Time will tell if Hardee nabs a medal in the final decathlon event today, the 1500m, but whether he does or not, we've got the secrets for how he's even gotten this close.
"My workout regimen consists of weight room stuff, every morning," Hardee told Uinterview of his training and preparation in our exclusive interview with him. "Running, throwing, jumping, technical sessions, and that's five days a week. And then on the sixth day, all I do is run in the mornings. And I have the seventh day to rest."
Of course, it's not all about physical training for any athlete. Hardee's got ways to mentally prepare, too. "It's not really a ritual; it's more of a routine. I kind of run myself through any and every scenario, so when the time comes, I've already rehearsed what's happening and what's about to happen."
Check out Uinterview's exclusive with Trey Hardee, in association with WebMD, here:
For more on the 2012 London Olympics:
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Jennifer Lopez Films 'Live It Up' Music Video, Gunshots Fired During On Set Interview
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV