UPDATE: Matthew Broderick's Full Ferris Bueller Commercial Released
Any chance to pay homage to a modern classic, especially at an event like the Super Bowl, can't be passed up. The latest such effort comes in the form of a two-and-a-half minute commercial starring Matthew Broderick, 49, in the most iconic role of his career, Ferris Bueller. Broderick was only 24 when he first portrayed the impulsive high school student who just wanted to enjoy one perfect day in the 1986 John Hughes film, Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
While we teased the spot last week, the full commercial has now been released online — less than a week before its television debut during the Super Bowl — and it is chock full with timeless Bueller references. This time, the older Bueller-inspired Broderick is up to the character's old ways, calling in sick from work to a doltish boss who "buys" his lie. "I'm calling the studio, Matthew," his boss says. "You're not shooting today ... Get some rest."
Then, instead of cruising around Chicago in a Ferrari 250, Broderick hits the town in a Honda CR-V, a decidedly more "adult" vehicle. After singing in a parade, staring at the exhibits in the Natural History Museum, and constantly dodging his boss — all to the soundtrack of Yello's "Oh Yeah," which was famously featured in the movie — Broderick reveals that it's all due to his CR-V. "I've said it before, and I'll say it again," he wraps up. "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you'll miss it." At that moment the CR-V, driven by an overly enthusiastic valet, speeds off behind him.
You can catch the Super Bowl Sunday, February 5, 6:30 p.m. EST on NBC.
Until then, watch the Broderick Honda commercial here:
Like this? Check out:
Most Popular News
- 'Game Of Thrones' Recap: Robb Stark, Talisa, Catelyn Murdered At The Red Wedding
- Victoria Beckham & Son Brooklyn Beckham Attend Glamour Women Of The Year Awards
- ‘Diana’ Biopic Teaser Trailer With Naomi Watts Is Released
- Heidi Klum, Martin Kristen Run & Make Up After Public Spat
- Cassadee Pope Performs ‘Wasting All These Tears’ On ‘The Voice’ [VIDEO]
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Dylan O'Brien Video Interview On 'The Internship,' Google, Vince Vaughn
- Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
- Clive Owen Video Interview On 'Shadow Dancer,' Playing An MI-5 Agent