Trisha Yearwood Drops 30 Pounds, Two Dress Sizes
Trisha Yearwood, the country music star and wife to Garth Brooks, has lost 30 pounds and two dress sizes over the last four months.
“This is not some crazy fad diet. It’s a lifelong change,” she said in an interview with People magazine for their cover story. “I’ve seen a lot of ‘before and afters’ and this is really a ‘during.’ I’m not done. I don’t know what my goal weight is, but I’m proud of myself. I’m really happy where I am.”
By sticking to a 1,200 calorie diet and going to Zumba classes three times a week as part of her fitness regimen, the 48-year-old is finally seeing the results she's long been after. “I haven’t been a size 10 since the fifth-grade,” she told the magazine.
“I don’t think you can name one diet I haven’t done. But I guess a part of me didn’t want to hear that it’s just really hard work,” she admitted. “I’d been doing circuit training and Pilates for years, but I was not consistent with food. I’m not a disciplined person. I was indulging all the time.”
In addition to her status as a member of country music's royalty, Yearwood hosts a cooking show on the Food Network called Trisha's Southern Kitchen and has written several cookbooks that have made their way onto bestsellers lists. With her love of food, she reveals that sometimes you just have to give in to a craving.
"There's no way you never fall off the wagon," she quipped before adding, "I have strength I never had before. I feel like I can do anything."
Most Popular News
- Sidney Poitier Receives Standing Ovation While Presenting Best Director At The Oscars
- Marc Anthony Collects 4 Awards At Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina Gala
- 'Fantastic Four' Casting: Michael B. Jordan And Kate Mara Confirmed For Reboot, Miles Teller And Jamie Bell Rumored
- 'Talking Angela' Children's App Victim Of Online Hoax Claiming The App Is Dangerous
- Who Is NFL Running Back Reggie Bush's Wife-To-Be Lilit Avagyan?
Most Popular Videos
Top Comedy Videos
Harry Connick, Jr: 'I Married The Girl Of My Dreams' - Your Tango