Trailer Released For Madonna's New Movie, 'W.E.'
Early audiences and critics have been less than enthusiastic about the second directorial effort by Madonna, W.E., a period piece about the doomed love story between King Edward VIII and his American divorcee lover, Wallis Simpson, in the 1930s.
W.E. follows two stories in two different times — the first about the royal's romance, and the second about a lonely wife in modern day New York (Abbie Cornish) who becomes obsessed with the historic couple, who she percieves to have shared the perfect love story.
Madonna wrote the film with longtime collaborator Alek Keshishian, who directed Truth or Dare in 1991 with the pop star. Drive's Oscar Isaac will play opposite Cornish as her modern-day husband, and The Closer's James D'Arcy and Never Let Me Go's Andrea Riseborough will portray King Edward and Wallis Simpson, respectively.
The movie is set for release on December 9.
Watch a trailer here:
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Jennifer Lopez Films 'Live It Up' Music Video, Gunshots Fired During On Set Interview
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV