TRAILER: 'Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close' Creates Oscar Buzz
The new Tom Hanks and Sandra Bullock flick, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, is already being praised as a potential Oscar contender. But it's not even the two A-list former Oscar winners helming the cast who are inspiring the hype. It's the movie's pint-sized star, Thomas Horn, 13, who is making his feature film debut in a starring role after being 2009's Teen Jeopardy champion.
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close is based on the novel of the same name by Everything Is Illuminated author Jonathan Safran Foer. It follows the adventures of a young precocious boy, portrayed by Horn, whose father was killed in the September 11 attack on New York. Horn's character, Oskar, is described as an "eleven-year-old amateur inventor, jewelry designer, astrophysicist, tambourine player and pacifist."
The film, directed by Stephen Daldry, who is himself a three-time Academy Award nominee for movies Billy Elliot, The Hours, and The Reader, will hit theaters in limited release on Christmas Day.
Watch the trailer here:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV