Tracy Morgan Recovers After Kidney Transplant
Actor and comedian Tracy Morgan is recovering from a kidney transplant he underwent on December 10.
The surgery will prevent the 42-year-old funnyman from appearing in two to three episodes (airing in March) of the hit NBC show, 30 Rock, on which he portrays Tracy Jordan, a caricatured version of himself in his Saturday Night Live days. Executive producer Tina Fey and the writers of 30 Rock plan to incorporate Morgan's absence into the show's story line.
Morgan, who was diagnosed with diabetes in 1996, "is doing well and taking some much needed time to recover after the surgery," a rep told Entertainment Weekly. "He is looking forward to going back to work after the holidays." In fact, the comedian is already up and about. He was seen at a New York Knicks basketball game on Friday. —KIMBERLY STEELE
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV