Tom Selleck Scorns 'Magnum P.I.' Remake
Only one man in the world has enough moustache to play Magnum P.I., and that man is Tom Selleck. The original Magnum is scornful of the attempts to recast his iconic role for a remake of the 80s show.
"Look, I'm not being egotistical, but Magnum's in about 100 countries," the actor, 65, told Parade. "They can't just buy a title and stick some younger guy in it. These things are quite real to audiences." Rather than have them run with George Clooney, Ashton Kutcher, Matthew McConaughey or one of the other younger stars reputed to be up for the part, Selleck would like to play an older Magnum in his later years.
The actor is currently starring in Blue Bloods, where he plays a police commissioner, but throughout his eclectic career, one key characteristic has stayed the same. "I've got to the point where I'm saying, 'The moustache has its own publicist - call him,'" he joked of the famous facial hair. "Today someone told me, 'Well, you're the only guy who's still cool who has one. Everybody else looks dated.'" –AMY LEE
Most Popular News
- 'Game Of Thrones' Recap: Robb Stark, Talisa, Catelyn Murdered At The Red Wedding
- Victoria Beckham & Son Brooklyn Beckham Attend Glamour Women Of The Year Awards
- ‘Diana’ Biopic Teaser Trailer With Naomi Watts Is Released
- Heidi Klum, Martin Kristen Run & Make Up After Public Spat
- Cassadee Pope Performs ‘Wasting All These Tears’ On ‘The Voice’ [VIDEO]
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Dylan O'Brien Video Interview On 'The Internship,' Google, Vince Vaughn
- Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
- Clive Owen Video Interview On 'Shadow Dancer,' Playing An MI-5 Agent