Tom Selleck Scorns 'Magnum P.I.' Remake
Only one man in the world has enough moustache to play Magnum P.I., and that man is Tom Selleck. The original Magnum is scornful of the attempts to recast his iconic role for a remake of the 80s show.
"Look, I'm not being egotistical, but Magnum's in about 100 countries," the actor, 65, told Parade. "They can't just buy a title and stick some younger guy in it. These things are quite real to audiences." Rather than have them run with George Clooney, Ashton Kutcher, Matthew McConaughey or one of the other younger stars reputed to be up for the part, Selleck would like to play an older Magnum in his later years.
The actor is currently starring in Blue Bloods, where he plays a police commissioner, but throughout his eclectic career, one key characteristic has stayed the same. "I've got to the point where I'm saying, 'The moustache has its own publicist - call him,'" he joked of the famous facial hair. "Today someone told me, 'Well, you're the only guy who's still cool who has one. Everybody else looks dated.'" –AMY LEE
Most Popular News
- Sidney Poitier Receives Standing Ovation While Presenting Best Director At The Oscars
- Marc Anthony Collects 4 Awards At Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina Gala
- 'Fantastic Four' Casting: Michael B. Jordan And Kate Mara Confirmed For Reboot, Miles Teller And Jamie Bell Rumored
- 'Talking Angela' Children's App Victim Of Online Hoax Claiming The App Is Dangerous
- Who Is NFL Running Back Reggie Bush's Wife-To-Be Lilit Avagyan?
Most Popular Videos
Top Comedy Videos
Harry Connick, Jr: 'I Married The Girl Of My Dreams' - Your Tango