Tom Selleck Scorns 'Magnum P.I.' Remake
Only one man in the world has enough moustache to play Magnum P.I., and that man is Tom Selleck. The original Magnum is scornful of the attempts to recast his iconic role for a remake of the 80s show.
"Look, I'm not being egotistical, but Magnum's in about 100 countries," the actor, 65, told Parade. "They can't just buy a title and stick some younger guy in it. These things are quite real to audiences." Rather than have them run with George Clooney, Ashton Kutcher, Matthew McConaughey or one of the other younger stars reputed to be up for the part, Selleck would like to play an older Magnum in his later years.
The actor is currently starring in Blue Bloods, where he plays a police commissioner, but throughout his eclectic career, one key characteristic has stayed the same. "I've got to the point where I'm saying, 'The moustache has its own publicist - call him,'" he joked of the famous facial hair. "Today someone told me, 'Well, you're the only guy who's still cool who has one. Everybody else looks dated.'" –AMY LEE
Most Popular News
- Submarine Shark Hoax: 'Shark Of Darkness: Wrath Of Submarine' Is Discovery Channel's Latest Shark Week Mockumentary
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Lourdes Leon Hits The Beach In A Bikini
- 'War Machine' Jon Koppenhaver, Goes On Twitter Rant Following Alleged Beating Of Girlfriend, Christy Mack
- John Denver's Aspen Home Is Back On The Market; Owners Selling For $10.75 Million
Most Popular Videos
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Jacki Weaver On 'Magic In The Moonlight,' Woody Allen