Tom Cruise Was Surprised By Divorce From Katie Holmes
Tom Cruise, 50, was caught off guard when Katie Holmes, 34, filed for divorce last year.
"Life is a challenge," Cruise told the German TV network ProSieben. "To be 50 and have experiences and think you have everything under control, and then it hits you—that's what life is... Life is tragicomic. You need a certain sense of humor."
Cruise and Holmes have a six-year-old daughter together, Suri, of whom Holmes has full custody.
Marital troubles aside, Cruise’s career seems to be as successful as ever. Earlier this year he starred in the blockbuster Jack Reacher, and next year he is set to star in All You Need Is Kill, a science fiction film featuring Emily Blunt and Bill Paxton. Of course, his most recent project, Oblivion, which is also a sci-fi movie, will be released next weekend. Oblivion features Cruise, along with Morgan Freeman and Olga Kurylenko.
Most Popular News
- Spiderman And More Capture Hearts At Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade [SLIDESHOW]
- Sophie Kennedy Clark On 'Philomena'Â™ & Judi Dench [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- BREAKING NEWS: Paul Walker Dies At Age 40 In Tragic Car Accident
- Jasmine Pilchard-Gosnell: Paul Walker'Â™s Girlfriend Collapsed After Learning Of His Death
- Lady Gaga Arrives On Horse To 2013 AMAs, Performs With R Kelly
Most Popular Videos
Scarlett Johansson And Joseph Gordon-Levitt On 'Don Jon,' Sex Scenes
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Wong Kar-wai Video Interview On 'The Grandmaster'
Patricia Cornwell Video Interview On 'Dust,' Kay Scarpetta, Sandy Hook, Her New TV Show
Steve Coogan Video Interview On 'Philomenia,' Judi Dench
Top Comedy Videos
The Most Shocking Celebrity Breakups Of 2013 - Your Tango
- Ryan Gosling & Rachel McAdams, Please Make Babies Already! - Your Tango
- Peter Jackson’s 10 Best Action Sequences - MovieFone