Tom Cruise Was Surprised By Divorce From Katie Holmes
Tom Cruise, 50, was caught off guard when Katie Holmes, 34, filed for divorce last year.
"Life is a challenge," Cruise told the German TV network ProSieben. "To be 50 and have experiences and think you have everything under control, and then it hits you—that's what life is... Life is tragicomic. You need a certain sense of humor."
Cruise and Holmes have a six-year-old daughter together, Suri, of whom Holmes has full custody.
Marital troubles aside, Cruise’s career seems to be as successful as ever. Earlier this year he starred in the blockbuster Jack Reacher, and next year he is set to star in All You Need Is Kill, a science fiction film featuring Emily Blunt and Bill Paxton. Of course, his most recent project, Oblivion, which is also a sci-fi movie, will be released next weekend. Oblivion features Cruise, along with Morgan Freeman and Olga Kurylenko.
Most Popular News
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Lisa Kudrow Ordered To Pay Former Manager Scott Howard $1.6 Million In Lawsuit
- ‘NSYNC Reunites At 2013 MTV Video Music Awards With Justin Timberlake [VIDEO]
- April Fool's Day Tweets: Best Celeb Pranksters Hit Twitter
- 'How I Met Your Mother' Alternate Ending Revealed
Most Popular Videos
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Scarlett Johansson And Joseph Gordon-Levitt On 'Don Jon,' Sex Scenes