Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes Boycotting Oscars Over Anne Hathaway's 'SNL' Skit?
Looks like Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes may be Debbie Downers this year.
The couple is reportedly boycotting the Oscars because of a Saturday Night Live skit that co-host Anne Hathaway performed in which she spoofed the former Dawson's Creek star, according to UK's The Daily Mail.
Holmes and Cruise allegedly felt betrayed by Hathaway, whom they considered a good friend. They helped her through her breakup with Raffaello Follieri in 2008, taking her to a Tina Turner concert. "Katie feels they were really supportive at a difficult time so she feels let down that Anne took to national TV to make fun of her," a source said.
The skit in question showed Hathaway as a complex, confused, gaspy version of Holmes' Dawson's Creek character Joey Potter. The Love and Other Drugs star later defended the spoof in an interview with Access Hollywood, saying "I was a teenager when Dawson's Creek was airing, and I was a pretty avid fan, so it just sort of came from that. It wasn't really Katie Holmes; it was more Joey Potter."
The Oscars are on February 27. Hathaway will host the ceremony with James Franco. —ISHITA SINGH
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV