Tim McGraw Gives Up Drinking — Trading Six Packs For Eight-Pack Abs
Tim McGraw believes his decision to stop drinking helped him become a better parent, as well as a more physically fit country crooner.
“I drank a lot from my point of view and I needed to stop," McGraw told the latest issue of People, which hits stands Friday. "I felt quitting was something I needed to do. I didn't feel I had any moral high ground with my kids in the long run."
McGraw stopped drinking five years ago and adopted a stringent workout routine, which has given the country music star a chiseled physique and a reinvigorated stage presence.
"Working out is a great way to go out on stage," McGraw said. "When I hit the stage, my adrenaline is going and I'm ready."
McGraw, who has three daughters and has been married to his country music star wife Faith Hill for 16 years, has dabbled in acting over the years, appearing in eight movies, most notably Friday Night Lights and The Blind Side.
His fans, however, can look forward to his next project in the recording studio. His new album, Two Lanes of Freedom, will be released on Feb. 5, and he also has a 30-city tour planned for the spring.
Most Popular News
- Sidney Poitier Receives Standing Ovation While Presenting Best Director At The Oscars
- Marc Anthony Collects 4 Awards At Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina Gala
- 'Fantastic Four' Casting: Michael B. Jordan And Kate Mara Confirmed For Reboot, Miles Teller And Jamie Bell Rumored
- Simon Cowell Walks His Two Dogs Shirtless
- '300: Rise Of An Empire' Review Roundup: Epic Sequel Doesn't Fare Well With Critics
Most Popular Videos
Scarlett Johansson And Joseph Gordon-Levitt On 'Don Jon,' Sex Scenes
Wong Kar-wai Video Interview On 'The Grandmaster'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Daytona 500 Winner Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
June Squibb On 'Nebraska,' Bruce Dern, Alexander Payne, Her Oscar Nomination
Top Comedy Videos
Harry Connick, Jr: 'I Married The Girl Of My Dreams' - Your Tango