Thor Hammers Fast Five At Box Office
Thor, the latest comic book adaptation starring Chris Hemworth and Natalie Portman, took the top box office spot this past weekend grossing $66 million on its opening weekend. Thor’s mighty hammer was strong enough to knock Fast Five out of its top position from last weekend. However, with $32.5 million, Fast Five was able to stay near the top, taking the number two spot.
Two other openers took the number three and four spots, Jumping the Broom, a comedy starring Laz Alonso and Paula Patton, and Something Borrowed, a romantic comedy starring Kate Hudson and Ginnifer Goodwin. The two movies earned $13.7 million and $13.2 million respectively. These movies knocked Rio further down the top ten, leaving the once top box office animated feature at the number five spot with only $8.2 million. Water for Elephants, Tyler Perry’s Madea’s Big Happy Family, Prom, Soul Surfer and Hoodwinked Too! all dropped in position, but retained their top ten status.
1. Thor, $66m
2. Fast Five, $32.5m; $139.8m
3. Jumping the Broom, $13.7m
4. Something Borrowed, $13.2m
5. Rio, $8.2; $114.9m
6. Water for Elephants, $5.6m; $41.6m
7. Tyler Perry's Madea's Big Happy Family, $3.9m; $46.8m
8. Prom, $2.4m; $7.8m
9. Soul Surfer, $2.1m; $36.7m
10. Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs Evil, $1.9m; $6.7m
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV