'The Glee Project' Introduces Diverse Season 2 Cast
Last year's winners of The Glee Project, Damian McGinty and Samuel Larsen, are regulars on Fox's Glee, in keeping with the promise that the Project winners go on to have an arc on the popular high school musical show. The Glee Project will return this summer for a second season this summer, and the cast — just announced Wednesday — includes many "underdogs" who are often overlooked on other reality shows like American Idol and The Voice.
The Glee Project‘s 14 contestants include Mario, 24, who has been blind since the age of nine; Charlie, 22, who has severe ADHD and low-spectral autism; and Tyler, 21, a mixed-race, Jewish, transgender individual, according to EW.com.
Glee co-creator Ryan Murphy, casting director Robert Ulrich, choreographer Zach Woodlee and a new judge this season — vocal coach Nikki Anders — will comprise the reality series' judging panel, evaluating the contestants on their abilities to entertain on television. Season 2 will get started this summer on Oxygen, with Glee star Lea Michele serving as a guest mentor on the premiere episode.
Read more about The Glee Project here.
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV