'The Amazing Spider-Man' Spoils New Supervillain
Marc Webb's new The Amazing Spider-Man, starring Andrew Garfield, Sally Field, Emma Stone, Rhys Ifans, Denis Leary, Martin Sheen and Campbell Scott, is following in the footsteps of such films as The Avengers and Captain America by teasing a whole new villain in a short clip after the credits.
A shadowy man appears in a prison cell alongside Dr. Curt Connors (Ifans) at the very end of The Amazing Spider-Man. "Hello Doctor," he says. "Did you tell the boy?"
"Tell him what?" asks Connors.
"Did you tell the boy the truth about his father?" the mystery man says, revealing that he has long hair and is holding a hat as he steps further into the light.
The Internet is abuzz with rumors of who the mystery man could be, though Entertainment Weekly identifies the actor's voice was Michael Massee, who has been in such films as Lost Highway, The Crow, Se7en, and Catwoman, as well as television series Fringe, House M.D., Rizzoli & Isles and Human Target.
Many are suggesting that Masse might portray comic book baddies The Chameleon, Mysterio, or Kaine. No word yet on when — or if — The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will hit the big screen, but you can catch the first one in theaters now.
For more on The Amazing Spider-Man:
Most Popular News
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Bill Skarsgard & Landon Liboiron On Their 'Hemlock Grove' Characters' 'Sexual Tension,' Gay Undertones [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant Patrick Jagodzinski On Andi Dorfman's Pick Of Josh Murray & Who Should Be The Next Bachelor [EXCLUSIVE]
- German Soccer Squad Returns Home To Heroes Welcome After World Cup Victory
- Pat Summerall, Iconic NFL Announcer, Dies At 82
Most Popular Videos
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Eli Roth & Famke Janssen On 'Hemlock Grove'