Teen Choice Awards 2012 Make History, Crown 'Twilight'
Sunday’s Teen Choice Awards 2012 did not produce many surprises, but it did break some records and even offered a good dose of humor. Among the expected winners were the Twilight cast, Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, Emma Stone, The Hunger Games, and the CW show, The Vampire Diaries.
Twilight bigwigs Robert Pattinson, Taylor Lautner and Kristen Stewart took the stage to accept two awards for the latest installment of the series, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1, including the ultimate choice award akin to a lifetime achievement award. This brings the number of surfboard trophies won by the supernatural franchise since 2008 to an astonishing total of 41. “It’s amazing you guys are still around and just as strong and just as loyal,” Lautner reflected to the euphoric crowd.
Stewart was also awarded choice romance film actress for Breaking Dawn and choice summer film actress for Snow White & the Huntsman.
Swift won five awards, including choice female artist and female country artist, and made Teen Choice history when she picked up her 20th trophy. “I just feel so honored that I get to have you guys in my life,” the beaming Swift told fans.
Selena Gomez was the third pillar of the female winning trifecto, snatching up the choice music group trophy for which she was also presented with a rendition of “Happy Birthday” from the Gibson Amphitheatre crowd.
Boyfriend Bieber balanced the gender scale by taking home five boards, which brings his total Teen Choice trophy count to 12. He performed “Boyfriend” and “As Long As You Love Me,” accompanied by Big Sean, from his new album Believe.
Fellow winners included Zac Efron for choice drama actor and drama movie for The Lucky One. Among the funnywomen, Ellen DeGeneres snagged choice comedian, while actor and producer Jonah Hill accepted the choice comedy movie award for 21 Jump Street. Hill, who lost in the category of supporting actor to Beginners star Christopher Plummer, 82, at the 2012 Oscars, relished his victory during the acceptance speech. “I’d just like to point out that he [Plummer] is not nominated for anything tonight,” joked Hill.
No Doubt singer Gwen Stefani and British boy band One Direction were also present.
For more like this:
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Abercrombie & Fitch Apologizes For CEO Mike Jeffries' Comments
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 4 Filming
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Carey Mulligan Attend 'The Great Gatsby' Premiere At Cannes
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV