Ted Dwane, Mumford & Sons Bassist, Leaves Hospital After Brain Surgery
Mumford & Sons bassist Ted Dwane, 28, has been released from the hospital following a successful brain surgery to remove a blood clot.
The group updated fans on Dwane’s progress via their Facebook page. “It is with great joy that we announce that Ted has been discharged from the hospital and is on the road to a full recovery,” the band said Thursday night. “He has been nothing short of heroic in how he has handled the whole ordeal, and now it has been medically proved that he does indeed have a brain.”
Jokes aside, the group has decided on his doctors' recommendations to cancel future shows, including the end of their Summer Stampede Tour and performances at the Telluride and Bonnaroo Festivals.
Dwane was admitted to the hospital Monday for treatment after feeling ill for quite some time. The English folk band won two Grammy Awards in February including album of the year.
Most Popular News
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- April Fool's Day Tweets: Best Celeb Pranksters Hit Twitter
- Lisa Kudrow Ordered To Pay Former Manager Scott Howard $1.6 Million In Lawsuit
- ‘NSYNC Reunites At 2013 MTV Video Music Awards With Justin Timberlake [VIDEO]
- Howard Stern Delivers Eulogy At Joan Rivers' Funeral, Starts With Dirty Joke
Most Popular Videos
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Brenton Thwaites & Odeya Rush On 'The Giver,' Taylor Swift, Meryl Streep, Jeff Bridges