Taylor Swift's Next Album To Cover Jake Gyllenhaal Heartbreak?
Country and pop music sensation Taylor Swift looks posh and pretty on the February cover of Vogue, her blue eyes shining confidently from under a big, suede hat. But the confidence that comes from being a multi-Grammy-winning and record-smashing artist conceals a ton of hurt feelings, which she has learned to cope with by channeling into her songwriting. Her next album, she says, will be about an "absolute crash-and-burn heartbreak," fueling speculation about another of Swift's high-profile romances that ended not-so-well — her 2010 romance with Prince of Persia actor Jake Gyllenhaal.
"There's just been this earth-shattering, not recent, but absolute crash-and-burn heartbreak and that will turn out to be what the next album is about," Swift told Vogue. "The only way that I can feel better about myself — pull myself out of that awful pain of losing someone — is writing songs about it to get some sort of clarity," she said.
Swift, 22, who says she's single at the moment, dated Gyllenhaal, 31, for about three months in 2010. Around the Christmas holidays, their relationship abruptly ended, apparently because Gyllenhaal couldn't handle all the media hype. "I can't deal with someone who's obsessed with privacy," Swift said. "People kind of care if there are two famous people dating. But no one cares that much. If you care about privacy to the point where we need to dig a tunnel under this restaurant so that we can leave? I can't do that."
This wouldn't be the first time Swift has let her complicated feelings surrounding high-profile romances leak into her songs. "Dear John" was read as being John Mayer, while "Back to December" and "Forever and Always" were said to be about Taylor Lautner and Joe Jonas. "I think I am smart unless I am really, really in love, and then I am ridiculously stupid," Swift said, but with the way her albums and concerts sell — maybe she's being smarter than she gives herself credit for.
Read more here:
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Jennifer Lopez Films 'Live It Up' Music Video, Gunshots Fired During On Set Interview
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV